Monday, February 12, 2007

My 106 year old Grandmother passes away.

Today for me is a sad day, not being able to be there for my Grandmother when she got sick and passed away. She lived a happy life and lived to be 106 years old. This lady was an amazing person! I never remember her being negative, no matter how much hardship she had gone through.

It was amazing how many people came to pay their respects when she was buried. People remember her always with her beautiful smile, her white hair, and her beautiful blue eyes and most importantly how unselfish she was in helping others her whole life. My grandmother was an inspiration for me. Every time I wanted to motivate others, I would always use her spirit and strength as an example.

We would call her Naneh Joon, and she left this world having 8 Children, 29 Grandchildren, 72 Great Grandchildren and believe it or not 5 Great Great Grandchildren. I will miss you Grandma, thank you for bringing me to this world and God bless your soul.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 13, 2007 at 12:27:00 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when Master Farid would push us so hard in class to the point where we were dead tired. He would say "you're giving up already? Even my Grandmother could keep going and she's 100 years old"

I always thought he was joking.

My condolences go out to you and your family.

Dominik

 
At Tuesday, February 13, 2007 at 1:04:00 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a legacy she has left! May God's peace surround you and your family. The future is bright when you look to the light. Bless you. Roni

 
At Thursday, February 15, 2007 at 9:14:00 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Master Farid, Please accept my family’s most sincere condolences on the loss of your grandmother. She has brought to this world a legend that we can all look up to and learn from. For that, we are all thankful. May the good lord bless her soul.
Houman

 
At Friday, February 16, 2007 at 5:43:00 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Master Farid,

My condolences to you and your family. Your grandmother has passed on her traits to you my friend. You are one of the most influential people that have helped me reach my goals and always to set new ones.

Nick Dougherty

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email and Subscribe to this Blog


Preview