Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I Love Snow Boarding!

I have been skiing for about 25 years and I was kind of getting bored on the mountains.

This year, I decided to start snowboarding even though I have been disputing it for many years. I have heard horror stories of how people got major injuries boarding, so it kept me away for long time. I was given a board for Christmas this year so I no longer had an excuse of why I shouldn’t start.

It’s been great fun this winter on the mountains. I am loving it! I have learned to do the twists and turns and I feel like I am in my 20’s again. It feels great to start a new sport where I can be out in nature and enjoy the snow.

Learning a new sport is not only fun but it also helps me with my co-ordination and balance. I am sad that winter is almost over and I look forward to next winter.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 17, 2007 at 11:00:00 AM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its a strange feeling when you think you've mastered one sport ( martial arts ) and to go on to feel completely helpless when trying a new sport. I love the challenge.

 
At Friday, November 2, 2007 at 10:25:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

trying new things can often be daunting but to anyone hesitant about a lack of experience or of the supposed potential for failure to achieve i always find it encouraging to remember the following. It took a highly trained, highly skilled and very expert team to build the titanic ... and a lone novice to build the ark.

JC

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email and Subscribe to this Blog


Preview