Monday, August 25, 2008

A 1000 days of Pushups!



I started a 1000 days of pushups, or a 5 minute work out, everyday for 1000 days-- whether sick, tired, or traveling-- on July 1st 2008. I started this work out in the mornings starting with 40 pushups, 70 squats and 50 sit ups.

Every week or so, I would add the number of repetitions, and that’s only if I felt like it. It’s amazing how our mind can achieve this personal power with just 5 minutes of workout a day. Now after 40 days I am at 80 pushup, 150 squats and 100 sit-ups.

When I started this, I wasn’t thinking just about building more muscles but the ability to discipline myself for 1000 days. I think our minds and bodies are very much connected and when you get the body into working, you start feeling better, work better and simply do better in all aspect of your life.

Since July 1st, I have also encouraged my parents, friends, students and employees to do the same…I think it’s about 40 of us now that are on this “1000 day pushups” routine (By the way, I have lost 5 pounds of pure fat and now it feels better looking at my self in the mirror as well. A bonus I didn’t expect).

Push ups work out your triceps, biceps, chest, lats and back muscles. You don’t need to go to the gym, you don’t need any equipment and because the workout only takes 5 minutes, you don’t have any excuses that you didn’t have time.

All you need is a strong desire to reach the goal of a 1000 days and stick with it, because when you do, you will feel so good. Join me in this 1000 days of pushups and send me your feedback!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Thursday, September 4, 2008 at 9:48:00 AM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great initiative, simular to that of Grand Master Jhoon Rhee. I just started mine today along side my son.

Thanks for the great post.

 
At Friday, December 19, 2008 at 7:08:00 AM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello Farid, I was going to send you a business proposal and came a cross this blog. Great idea with 1k push ups! Despite i'm on my "routine" 20 years with soccer games going to add up this 1k days push up feature! after I got my fist 10 days will defenetely send you that proposal.

Greetings for Ukraine and US and Merry Christmas,

Vlad

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email and Subscribe to this Blog


Preview